February 26, 1896
Saturday night about eleven o’clock, a vacant dwelling located on Jackson street, was destroyed by fire. The house was owned by Mr. J. P. Fenton and was lately occupied by Mrs. Ella Cook, who moved away from the house about two weeks ago. We are informed that there was about $300 of insurance on the building, but we are not inane formed in what company the policy is held. The fire is supposed to be the work of an incendiary. The night was still, no wind blowing, consequently the flames did not spread to aujarent buildings.