February 9, 1898
Mr. Edward Everett and Miss Hattie Webb were united in the holy bond of matrimony last Sunday morning at the Baptist church in Farmerville. Mendelssohn’s wedding march was artistically rendered by Mrs. J. M. Smith, at the beginning of which the contracting parties, preceded by Mr. and Mrs. J. D. Everett and Mr. and Mrs. W. J. Turnage, marched up the aisle and took their positions before the altar, where Elder J. U. H. Wharton, in a few pretty words, tied the nuptial knot.
The marriage was quite a surprise to many persons in Farmerville. Only a few most intimate friends were apprised of the happy event until an hour or so before it occurred.
Both bride and groom were born and reared in Union Parish, and are very popular in Farmerville’s social circle. May naught but happiness be their lot all along their wedded journey.