April 6, 1898
At the residence of Dr. C. H. Jamesson, in Farmerville, Sunday afternoon at 3:30 o’clock, Mr. S. B. Smith and Miss Amelia Kennedy took the pledge that united their hearts and lives “for better, for worse, till death do them part”. At the above named hour, stepping to the strains of a pretty wedding march which was played by Mrs. J. M. Smith, the bride and groom presented themselves at Hymen’s altar, where the words which united their lives were pronounced, Eld. J. U. H. Wharton officiating. Both the parties are well and favorably known in this parish, where they were born and raised. After receiving congratulations of friends, Mr. and Mrs. Smith left for the groom’s home near Conway.