Fire in Union Parish

The Gazette
February 8, 1899

The residence owned by Mr. B. B. Thomas at Alabama Landing, which was formerly occupied by Mr. Wallace, was destroyed by fire last week. At the time of the burn the building was only used as a store room, and contained about 150 bushels of corn.


Last week the residence, kitchen and smokehouse of Mr. C. A. Wade of Lockhart vicinity, together with a good portion of their contents, were destroyed by fire. There was no insurance, and so the loss will fall heavily on Mr. Wade.


Tell Us What You Think About It

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.