Burned to Death

The Gazette
December 19, 1900

Sunday morning little Elmore, the youngest son of Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Stancil, was horribly burned from the effects of which he died Monday night. The child was standing before the fire in his night gown, when unfortunately the garment caught fire, the flames soon enveloping him. A little brother who was in the room attempted to extinguish the fire by dashing a bucket of water on the burning child. Medical aid was speedily summoned and everything possible was done to alleviate the little fellow’s suffering; but alas his injuries were beyond the power of human skill. He suffered intensely and succumbed to his terrible injuries about 36 hours after the horrible accident.

To the bereaved family The Gazette extends sincere sympathy in this great trial.

Tell Us What You Think About It

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.