March 11, 1903
The News learns from Mr. Alex McCaskill that all the people who were poisoned by eating at the home of Mr. Jake Wynn near Crew Lake are improving and are likely to recover. The one most dangerously ill now is Mr. Jake Wynn.
Mr. Caskill states that Wynn’s two boys were painfully sick when first taken, that all who saw them believed they would die and the report spread that they were dead, but both of them are recovering from their sickness. He states that only two have died from the effects of the poisoning — Mrs. Hal Wynn and the little daughter of Jake Wynn. All the others will recover although Mr. Jake Wynn is still quite sick.
Mr. McCaskill further says that an officer of the State Board of Health visited the Wynn home this week and gave it his opinion that the sickness of the Wynn family was due to poison in the food at the Wynn home and he took some of all kinds of the provisions to New Orleans for analysis. — Monroe News.