October 5, 1939
The Union Parish courthouse, located at the parish seat, Farmerville. Constructed in 1904, the present courthouse is the third in the history of the parish. It stands on the same site as did the two building that served as the hub of the local government before it. The first court house was torn down in 1870 and another building, of frame construction, was erected. It was replaced by the present structure which is located in the heart of the corporate limits of the town of Farmerville.