October 5, 1939
G. E. Lindsey of Bernice has long been an active businessman in that section.
Starting in 1901, Mr. Lindsey entered the mercantile business. He became associated with the firm of Gray, McDonald & Lindsey. In 1906, Gray dropped out of the firm and in 1908 the business became G. E. Lindsey & Company.
Branching out a bit, he entered the warehouse business in 1919, erecting a structure at Bernice. He began operating a cotton gin in 1923.
In 1927 he left the mercantile business and began devoting his entire time to the gin business. Today besides his federal bonded warehouse in Bernice he operates five gins. They are located at Bernice, Cherry Ridge, Summerfield, Spearsville and Junction City.
Mr. Lindsey has been a member of the police jury of Union Parish since 1919 and with the end of his present term will have completed 20 years of service on that body. He is the present president of the group.