October 5, 1939
The Farmerville 5 and 10c store which is owned and operated by D. J. Kemp, is the only store of its kind in this vicinity and offers a complete stock of merchandise.
Mr. Kemp bought the business from Duke Selig, Jr. in January 1938. It had been in operation for about 18 months when he bought it.
The business has grown considerably since Mr. Kemp took it over. He has increased the store’s stock so today it compares favorably with that of similar stores in towns much larger than this.
Mr. Kemp employs two people.