October 5, 1939
Preceded by several academies here, including the Union Male and Female Academy and the Farmerville Institute, the present day Farmerville High School was not organized until 1908 when a brick building was completed in 1909.
E. E. Keebler was the first principal with the faculty including Miss Bertha Cobb and Mrs. Emma Sanders. There were five teachers in all and about 150 pupils.
In 1914, a home economics department was added. Miss Lillie Mae Sentell was the first teacher. During this time students who lived in the parish paid a one dollar entrance fee and others two dollars and a half.
The present high school building was built in 1923, the former building now being used for the grades. Sports at the school were begun the following year. Leo Hartman was the first coach. In 1930, the auditorium was added.
Today the enrollment of the school touches around 700 and has a completely modern physical and instructional plant.
The graduating class of the school run between 40 and 60 each year.
Being located in the geographical center of the parish accounts for the school’s large enrollment. About 12 trucks being students to and from the school daily.
The school takes an active part in all community projects and has been instrumental in the “putting over” of many such programs.