October 5, 1939
Organized in April, 1907, Marion State Bank, is one of Union Parish’s strongest banking institutions.
B. B. Thomas, father of the late L. E. Thomas, was the first president of the bank, and L. W. Landers was cashier following the organization. Mr. Landers was the farther of the present cashier, J. D . Landers.
The first statement of the bank is as follows:
|Loans and Discounts||$4,833.88|
|Furniture and Fixtures||$786.35|
|Due from Banks||$10,875.34|
|Cash on Hand||$2,415.42|
|Capital Stock Paid In||$12,000.00|
|Exchange, Interest and Discount||$325.76|
The above statement was subscribed and sworn to before Thomas L. Holloway, notary public, on June 27th, 1907.
The present officers of the bank are E. T. Powell, president, and J. D. Landers, vice-president and cashier.