October 5, 1939
The present Pleasant Hill Baptist church was founded August 21, 1872.
The Rev S. T. Cobb and the Rev. Jonathan Miller, R. C. Webb and W. C. Carr were the persons mainly responsible for the founding of the organization
Charter members were W. P. Smith, William M. Burford, W. D. Thurston and Joseph Williams, Francis Baker, Nancy Taylor, Matilda Thurston, Catherine Nolan, Sarah Jones, Catherine Baker, Tabitha Williams, Sarah Burford and Elizabeth McGough.
W. P. Smith was named the first clerk of the church, and also with W. D. Thurston was chosen a delegate to the Concord Association.
On August 22, 1872, seven new members were added. They were Alice McQueen, John Howard, Mary Baker, Sarah Smith, Samuel Sawyer and Robert Burford. On August 24, Isom ?. Phillips was added.
The church was named Pleasant Hill at a meeting on the first Sunday in 1872.